Wednesday, February 8, 2012

LSG Gets Nailed Blackout Challenge Week 2- Rockstar Nails

Thanks to Erica (a totally awesome nail polish enabler and all round sweetheart) I now have a full set of Finger Paints Special Effects. OMG The Pretty!


This week's Black Out Challenge was Rock Star nails. What could be more rock star than glitter over black? This is three coats of Special Effects on each nail over the top of NYC Colour (Australia- by The Heat Group) Night. Of course it's topped with my ever favourite Seche.

I just ordered a salon sized Seche  kit with the Restore from EBay at a great price. I'll get back to you on the seller if she turns out to be any good when it comes to service and getting it out quickly. There's already some iffiness on the  lack of promised combined postage when checking out with eleven items as one transaction.. She has OPI really cheap for us Aussies and will post to our golden shores but if postage is going to be that high then savings aren't that great. I'm hoping she'll fix up the postage issue. If not then my nail budget gets spent elsewhere.

My thumb is sporting Flashy, Twisted is on my pointer (it's the flakiest of the bunch and I think my fave), Asylum on my bird flipping finger, Motley is on my ring finger and the Pinky is wearing Flecked. I'm holding Twisted in the picture.

They don't look like much in the bottle but on the fingers they are like little opals. I'm planning on trying them over a bunch of other colours. I think they would look like white opals over NYC Colour's Angel (pearl white with a delicate gold sheen).

I officially love flaky polishes! I can't wait for my Essie Luxe Effects to get here. Gold Flakes people! GOLD!

Oh and Sweet Libertine have new gorgeous colours out and there's a sale on with big discounts on blues. Get your butt over there. You know you want your share beautiful mineral eye shadows and bargain prices. I've already blown my make up budget for the month over there. Yay for being back at work and having money to be self indulgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment